Only PSP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks

Go down

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks Empty Brushes_some links, tips and tricks

Post by Mapie Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 am

[size=150]Some information about brushes:[/size]

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks Brushes_didasko

Question:

Hi Dee, I have a question for you . I have been collecting a lot of stuff for psp like brushes frames wordart etc.... I have been told about saving most stuff to my documents my psp then the folder it goes in frames patterns plug ins etc.... my question is this I downloaded a file had 4000 brushes in it lol and want to know how I can or if I can make several folders and keep em seperated somehow like different folders for different type of brushes floral, text, so when I go to use any all 4000+ dont have to load and so I dont have to scroll thru 4000+ to find what I want to use . Thanks

Answer:

Actually, I save very little to the My PSP files in the my document folder. . . most of my stuff is saved to my external hd. Before I got the ext. hd I had psp stuff saved in my documents but not in the My PSP files folder. . . Too much stuff in there can really slow down PSP.
For the sake of this tutorial I have moved some of my files so you will have an idea of what I do. That does not mean you have to do exactly what I do…just gives you a starting point to come up with your own housekeeping plan:

This is a screenie of my brush files that are in the My Documents>My PSP files folder…

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks Brushes1

As you will probably notice…most of the folders are the ones that came with PSP; and, a couple that I either use quite a bit or am using at the moment. The folders that came with PSP have only the brushes that came in them. I have not added to them.
You will also notice I have a folder called brush scripts newly added. Quite often you will receive brushes that do not have the script with them or if you are certifiably nuts (like me) you trust very little that comes over the internet and you trash the scripts and import every brush you get. So, my brush scripts newly added is normally NOT in the my psp files. Normally it’s just in the My documents folder all by it’s lonesome and I import my brushes to that folder…after which…I move them to an appropriate folder. Or if I have gone on a dling spree and don’t import them right away—I have another folder; which you will see now.
Ok, so here is my MAIN brush folder…and like I said..it’s on my external hd:

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks Brushes2

I have some of the brush folders blocked because they are brushes I cannot share.
There is nothing in the brushes_temp folder, other than more folders.
When I go on a dling spree I dump the zip files into a neutral folder in my documents and scan with my av proggie. Then, I unzip them into the neutral folder, then, drag and drop brushes only into the ~brushes being sorted folder…(and toss all the scripts) they are then (when I feel so inclined) sorted into the appropriate folders.
When I want to use certain brushes...i just drag and drop the whole folder into the My Documents>My PSP Files>Brush folder.

[size=150]Now, to set up PSP so it can find your brushes:[/size]

File>preferences>file locations—the file locations box opens…

Brushes_some links, tips and tricks Brushes3

whole lotta arrows, hunh?
Make sure you have brushes highlighted in the file types window (on the left)
Brush file folders..these are the folders you are allowing PSP to access.
As you can see…I’m allowing it to access:
· The brush folder in Jasc, which is empty..lol
· The brush folder in My Documents>My PSP Files---and all of it’s subfolders
· And the brush scripts newly added folder--which is not usually located in the My PSP Files folder.
Folder Options: I have both checked.
Save to: I have all of my newly imported brushes/scripts saved to the brush scripts newly added folder.

When you have it set up the way you want it…click the ok button at the bottom.
Mapie
Mapie
Admin

Number of posts : 854
Registration date : 2008-10-27

https://onlypsp.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down